You created everything, and it is for your pleasure that they exist and were created. Revelation 4:11 (NLT)
The Lord takes pleasure in his people.
Psalm 149:4a (TEV)
We are HIS. There is no specific time to worship HIM. Every minute counts, Every Act is recorded. Every thing we do, big or small, as long as it brings pleasure and Glory to His Name is an act of Worship. 🙌
Dahil Hindi Maarte si Lord! Gusto niya accessible Siya para hindi tayo mahirapan makabalik sa kanya. 💕
And from here, there is no reason to back out. Keep worshipping Him.
Every act could be a worship. 👍🙌
#TPDL #word #truth #bible
Peter’s advice sounds like what Jesus said to His disciples in Matthew 5:16: “. . . let your light shine before people, so that they can see your good deeds and give honor to your Father in heaven.”
#day3 #fasting2015 #truth #word
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32 NIV)💕
The Hardest part of being a human is forgiving others but as we seek God and His forgiveness, we realize that we don’t deserve Him but He showed LOVE unconditionally. This is the reason why we have to honor Him with our relationship with other people.
#fasting2015 #word #truth
HONOR GOD IN OUR WORK”Whatever you do, work heartly, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ”.
#fasting2015 #word #truth #reflection
What is your life?
How can you answer that question right now?
As I was reading the book and read that line, I was really not sure of any specific words I could answer maybe because I now that there are some areas that I have not yet fully trusted unto Him. That is also why day by day I am reading the book to have a full change that God wants me to be.
Life on earth is a Test. This life metaphor is seen in stories throughout the Bible. God continually tests people’s character, faith, obedience, love, integrity, and loyalty. Words like trials, temptations, refining, and testing occur more than 200 times in the Bible. God tested Abraham by asking him to offer his son Isaac. God tested Jacob when he had to work extra years to earn Rachel as his wife. – Rick Warren
We are being tested continuously to develop the character that God wants us to be. The tests that we had are not for us to suffer but for us to learn.
Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test.
Life on earth is a Trust. This is the second biblical metaphor of life. Our time on earth and our energy, intelligence, opportunities, relationships, and resources are all gifts from God that he has entrusted to our care and management. We are stewards of whatever God gives us. This concept of stewardship begins with the recognition that God is the owner of everything and everyone on earth. The Bible says, “The world and all that is in it belong to the LORD; the earth and all who live on it are his.” – Rick Warren
God entrusted us everything He made and it is our responsibility to manage every creation and it means all of it.
The more God gives you, the more responsible he expects you to be.
“Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won’t be
faithful in large ones.”
Luke I6:l0a (NLT)
Life on earth is never out last destination. This is just a preparation for an eternal one.
We always prepare ourselves whenever we have upcoming events. We do extraordinary stuffs to keep us fit and look great for a perfect day.
We have to do the same with what God has prepared for us, eternal life. This temporary life is just a borrowed time not to make the most of it but to prepare to upcoming eternity with our Creator. What we do today is what we will reap in eternal life.
God has … planted eternity in the human heart. Ecclesiastes 3:11 (N LT)
When we know that we are for eternity then our values change, we use our resources valuable for next life.
They say “YOLO” so one chance to live a holy life through Christ.
This world is fading away, along with everything it craves.
But if you do the will of God, you will live forever: 1 John 2:17 (NLT)
Day 3 is as simple as knowing the reason behind your urge to succeed.
What motivates us to be successful? Could be in the studies, career, business and relationships?
There will always be a reason behind every move we take and God wants to win that motive not just because we often think of the worldly results that we could have in return but also He wants us to have the right reason to fight – eternal results.
Rick Warren stated these are following common things that motivate us:
- Many people are driven by guilt.
- Do not be a restless wanderer on earth, we always put ourselves in a box of the past sins, and the regret that we have controls us in backing out from what God originally planned. As we accept Jesus as our Savior we also acknowledge what he did in the cross 2000+ years ago and that is to live as righteous. Free yourself from the guilt of the past; being a wanderer by God is such a beautiful thing.
- Many people are driven by resentment and anger.
- Forgive but don’t forget – this statement is never a true meaning of FORGIVENESS. Yes, you are hurt but you do not have to play it over and over and over again in your life. It was never healthy to keep on that feeling of hurt in our lives, be reminded that the offender you had will never hurt you now unless you continue to hold on to the pain.
- Many people are driven by fear.
- While growing up, I was afraid of heights – even climbing the stairs/escalators in the train stations crushes my nerves but when I entered my 20s I decided to be fearless. I did mountain climbing, spelunking, cliff diving and zipline – neither one I did regret, all of it was fun, the joy I had after each activities were unexplainable. I think God wants us to feel that way to in pursuing life let us not be feared of what the future holds us.
- Many people are driven by materialism.
- The most valuable things are not things. There is nothing wrong in dreaming of comfortable life but if our security is already depending on what we have then we are deceived. Material things are temporary. In a glimpse we can lose everything we have and in the end the only thing that will stay is our relationship with God.
- Many people are driven by the need for approval
- “Nothing matters more than knowing God’s purposes for your life, and nothing can compensate for not knowing them.” Living by status quo will never lead us to God’s amazing plan in our lives. Serving other people will always cause us failure and disappointments. Only Jesus is worthy of our service.
THE BENEFITS OF PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE
- Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life
- Without God life has no purpose and without purpose life has no meaning, without meaning life has no significance or hope. Stop finding you purpose but not going back to Jesus, stop wandering life without Him. Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your existence and I believe that everybody wants to have a meaningful life something to be remembered from us when we meet people and I pray that our goal is to leave them Jesus’ message – salvation and eternal life.
- Knowing your purpose simplifies your life
- If we have direction then we have a destination. If we have instruction, we easily do things, we don’t need to wonder what’s next to be done and so, same with knowing your purpose in God’s grace.
You, LORD, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you.
- Knowing your purpose focuses you life
- Without a purpose you keep on trying different things, jumping from one place to another but if you know God then you already have a reference point, you already have selections of activities that you have to do and be focused on what is need to be done. When you focus in your life with Christ, the joy in you heart is overflowing.
You can be busy without a purpose but what’s the point? Let’s keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us.
- Knowing your purpose motivates your life
- Purpose always produces passion. It motivates you wake up everyday. It motivates you to improve yourself so that you can be effective servant of God.
- Knowing your purpose prepares you for eternity
- Oblivion – Augustus Water’s fear in TFIOS, the fear of not being remembered when gone. But there is nothing to be afraid my brothers and sisters, oblivion is a normal thing in this world that is not GOD. GOD promised ETERNAL LIFE with him and yes we have to pursue what he wants us to do as a preparation of welcoming us in heaven.
Isaiah 26:3New International Version (NIV)
3 You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in you.